Collect all resources you will consult as part of your grey literature search in one place. You may keep your checklist of resources separate from your search tracking sheet or consolidate them into one document.
Essential Information to Include in Checklists/Tracking Sheets
- Name of resource and link/contact info.
- Format of resource (online repository, abstract/conference resource, clinical trial registry, etc.)
- Resource coverage information (timeframe, geography, etc.)
- Date search(es) carried out
- Number of results retrieved (total)
- Number of relevant results tracked
Consider using citation management software, such as RefWorks, to store and organize the relevant results from your grey literature search.