Eating well during your treatment can help you feel better and stay stronger. Even when you don’t feel like eating, it is important to:
- eat lots of vegetables and fruits.
- drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
- choose whole-grain breads, rice, pasta, and noodles.
- eat protein-rich foods, such as lean meats, fish, chicken, turkey, eggs, beans, and nuts. This will help to keep your muscles strong.
- get enough calcium by drinking milk, and eating yogurt or cheese. This will help to keep your bones strong.
- if you drink alcohol, limit your intake to 1 to 2 drinks a day.
If you are having trouble eating, swallowing, or keeping a healthy weight, ask the Cancer Care Team to refer you to a Registered Dietitian.
You can request this item from your local public library
. If your library does not have a copy of the item, you can ask your public library to request it for you through interlibrary loan (ILL).